Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Sufficiency of Christ

Just came home from a really challenging sermon about submissive wives - submitting first not to their husbands but to Christ as our bridegroom, lover, sacrificial husband.

The Real Property quiz that I have tomorrow that I haven't studied for is postponing the rest of this post... but one thing I was challenged about was:

The flipside of the unconditional love that Jesus first showed to us (and husbands now to their wives), is the unconditional respect that we should show as wives to our husbands, who we submit to out of our reverence and love for Jesus. 


Some really confronting biblical truths that really prodded me to think about my supreme satisfaction and joy in who Jesus is, and the attitude I have towards the brothers I serve in ministry with - our respect for them shouldn't need to be earned!

No comments: