Sunday, May 1, 2011

Endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ

1 Thessalonians 1:3; We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.


Mon spoke really well on 1 Thessalonians 1:1-3 today and it really rebuked me about how little endurance I have to resist temptation and to stay focused on where my life is heading towards, and how much I think about Christ continually moulding me to be more like Him. 


Sometimes I feel like I'm moving towards everything and I feel that this is because I'm not realising how His coming and the reality of ETERNITY should transform the way I'm living now, how it should transform the things I spend time on, how it should transform the objects of my affections and the things I look forward to and the things that should break my heart. I forget that the Christian life is meant to be active and not passive, and moving towards becoming more like Christ to radiate God in our lives :) 


To end, here are some lyrics from the song Hosanna that we sang today, and I really like the bridge. Lyrics to a song mean a lot to me, they're like the soul of the song and they speak a lot; sometimes I don't even realise just how powerful they are.

Heal my heart and make it clean 
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I go from nothing to 
Eternity


No comments: