Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I got accepted!!

:D :D 


praise God! 


I've been accepted into the exchange program for Korea University for the first Semester of 2012 :D so great to know that I have at least 2 friends also going to South Korea during that period :) 


I'm feeling really excited, quite scared but overall not knowing what to expect! 


Thanks to everyone for all your supportive responses, I feel so loved! I googled for some blogs written by other students who went to Korea University for exchange.. and also judging by what my work colleague Esther and Rosa have been telling me, they've found it a blast!


This guy seems to have written a pretty detailed blog from scratch on what it's about :) while this blogger  presents what seems to be quite an honest blog about the university work there and the challenges of working with local students as an international student. :) 


I'm so excited, I'm feeling jittery! I don't want to study Admin Law, I just want to learn more Korean! Thanks for the advice, Brendan Wong :D 




Hopefully I'll be able to track down my thoughts and experiences leading up to and going on Exchange (if that's what God has in plan).  I'll end with a few tips in applying for exchange at UTS that I found handy.



  • Use your electives. SERIOUSLY. especially for law!
  • if you can't find enough subjects in English in a Korean university (대학교 (dae-hag-gyo), literally “big school”), try to see if they let you use postgrad subjects!
  • look for subjects that match your subject plan long before the application process

Goals:
  • learn more Korean and be able to order in a Korean restaurant before I leave
  • not pack too much before I go
  • try to meet more Kodae (Korean University) students.. somehow, and get in contact with their christian group/churches
  • take photos of street fashion :D 
  • being bold in getting to know and hanging out with the local students
  • not getting distracted by the excitement of it all and continue to pray for God to use me throughout this experience :) 

No comments: